Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Joy, Ballet Shoes and The First Cup of Morning Coffee

"You are preparing joy for me and me for joy"~ Valley of Vision
Such a lovely promise... one that I am clinging to. I am more thankful and excited than I can say for the eternal and perfect presence of my Savior where joy is full and unhindered.


There is a girly feeling that comes along with wearing ballet shoes. Which is perhaps why I wear them. I wear them to work and sometimes to Wal-Mart. I have never danced ballet, but I think it would be neat to say that I have. Alas, I cannot, so I satisfy myself with wearing the slippers and feeling at least that much like a ballerina.

 I was talking to a friend about coffee, and she put it well when she said that there is not much to compare with that first cup of coffee each morning. I would agree, in fact I would say that there is little to compare even to the smell of coffee. Even non coffee drinkers like the smell. But the taste is simply wonderful too. It's good on a rainy day, and it's good on a sunny day. It's just one more reason to be a morning person. Because let's be honest, it's better to enjoy it in a cup at your table with some literature, than in a thermos in your car on your way to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment