Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Why Fall is my favorite...

I think Fall is the most cozy of all seasons. I also think it is the closest I will ever be to feeling like I'm living in a Harry Potter book, (I don't want to be a wizard, but I would like to be British and Fall is the most British of all seasons. Also I think it would be pretty sweet to go to a school like Hogwarts and have cool friends named Ron and Harmonie... and I really would like to know what a butter beer tastes like... I imagine it tastes like pumpkin pie in a mug and not at all like real beer... and it's "unleaded"... silly, I know). I think songs have "seasons" and some of my favorite songs are just better in the Fall. There are also movies that are better in the Fall... Anne of Green Gables, Harry Potter, Runaway Bride, Stranger than Fiction,You've Got Mail. I like baking so much more when it's Fall... pie and chocolate chip cookies...mmmm... yum. I enjoy cleaning when it's Fall... then I like to light a candle and feel the coziness of cleanliness. I love Fall clothes...sweaters, scarves, boots, flannel. I love the stunning colors ... the leaves and even the sky... brilliant. I like the smell of Fall. I like pumpkins, hayrides, bonfires, hide-and-seek in the dark, chili, "punkin patches". I think Autumn memories are even my favorite...Some of my best memories are from Fall... being a kid and playing outside for hours, "building" leaf houses with my sister (Abigail and I were talking about this the other day; those houses were so real to us... we couldn't walk over the leaf piles, they were walls and we were not ghosts. Our houses had stairs because they had more than one level, they had telephones and closets and toilets... all imaginary of course, but as kids it was all so real... and so fun)... going to and even working at the Mum fest (carving pumpkins, listening to the Blue and Gray Pickers, pie)... watching a meteor shower at 4:00 in the morning, then drinking homemade hot chocolate with everyone before dad before had to go to work... the smell of burning leaves... hide-and-seek and all the other wonderful things about that party on October 31st... going to Faulkner's Pumpkin Patch (Oh that big inflatable worm that you could climb through... ah-ma-zing! I still want one of those things)... Thanksgiving... and the fact that Fall leads us into the Christmas season is also pretty wonderful in my opinion. (Sigh) There is just so much to love about this season. There are wonderful things about every season, but Fall is by far, my favorite.

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet post...fall is my favorite season too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. darn it i wanted to be the first comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what's funny, I think of every season in terms of that Bible study we did...walking through John... because that took us so long, and every blessed Monday night I would sit and look out the Bricker's big living room windows, and notice how things were changing. Those windows invite such looking!
    Fall: the frogs grow quiet. The pond is still. A temporary kind of goodbye.
    (I'm sooo glad you have a blog.)

    ReplyDelete